Tuesday, January 13

BabyB Update

Wow -- Okay, so today we are 22weeks and 2days along and I figured it was time for an update!
~~~
First, the little one inside is doing great! I said on my last pregnancy update that they had found some questionable red flags on the ultrasound -- which are still there, but they are following everything very closely. They did find two Hydrochoroid Cysts on his brain that have no reflection on function -- its just something that they are having to monitor. However, having talked to several specialists, my OB and some of the doctors at work whom I would trust with Zachary's life, I am not too worried about it. And apparently, since our ultrasound was done early, this may be a normal thing on an 18week old fetus. They also found that the papillary muscle in his heart on the left side is calcified. They call this echogenic intracardiac focus. However, that muscle is one that holds one of the valves in place between the left atria and the left ventricle -- so the fact that it is already calcified has no effect on function either. It is also something that they will have to monitor and it should give him no problems later on in the future...given that other areas of his heart are okay and stay okay. It sounds like a lot, but overall, I am confident that God has our little one in the palms of his hands and that everything is going t be okay. As far as his name goes -- well, we are still trying to decide. We have tossed around all kinds of names from Elijah, Eli, Elliot, Issac, Tyler, Landon to Nemo (you can guess who put that name in the hat!). We have it narrowed down to two -- and I will let you all know as soon as we decide for sure! Until then, he remains BabyB.
~~~
Secondly -- my health. Well, we are hanging in there! We have had some troubling news along the way -- and all pathways point to the fact that this might in fact be our last pregnancy, but we'll see. We do know that this time around I am at a high risk for many things...much more than the last pregnancy it seems. I still go to the doctor weekly and I have ultrasounds every other week. My doctor did tell us at our visit last week that they are not going to allow us to carry the little one full term. So as of right now, we are scheduled to get our steroid shots in six weeks, and they are going to take the little one at 36weeks...which should be the week of April 19th. Hopefully, with the shots in place...he will only be small, but very healthy. Our problem is going to be if we go into preterm labor again. We are only four weeks away from what we call "D-Day" when we went into labor with Zachary. This time around, because of my health, we aren't sure what our options are going to be if we do go into preterm labor. So just pray that he hangs out until we take him...not before!
~~~
Anyway -- its alot, I know. But we are just taking it one week at a time and praising God for every Sunday that passes. Obviously the Lord wants this little one around, and so we are just putting it all in His hands to get him here safely. I will keep you all posted...and thanks in advance for your prayers.
21weeks 6days
(and finally starting to get a bump!)
22weeks 2days

2 comments:

Holly said...

Praying for you guys. April 19th is my due date so if I go on time we might be in there at the same time! YOu look great! Hang in there and don't overdo anything!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've got a lot on your minds. I appreciate your words of faith and I will continue praying for your little one. And I like all your possible names, by the way. Well, except for Nemo :)

Tuesday, January 13

BabyB Update

Wow -- Okay, so today we are 22weeks and 2days along and I figured it was time for an update!
~~~
First, the little one inside is doing great! I said on my last pregnancy update that they had found some questionable red flags on the ultrasound -- which are still there, but they are following everything very closely. They did find two Hydrochoroid Cysts on his brain that have no reflection on function -- its just something that they are having to monitor. However, having talked to several specialists, my OB and some of the doctors at work whom I would trust with Zachary's life, I am not too worried about it. And apparently, since our ultrasound was done early, this may be a normal thing on an 18week old fetus. They also found that the papillary muscle in his heart on the left side is calcified. They call this echogenic intracardiac focus. However, that muscle is one that holds one of the valves in place between the left atria and the left ventricle -- so the fact that it is already calcified has no effect on function either. It is also something that they will have to monitor and it should give him no problems later on in the future...given that other areas of his heart are okay and stay okay. It sounds like a lot, but overall, I am confident that God has our little one in the palms of his hands and that everything is going t be okay. As far as his name goes -- well, we are still trying to decide. We have tossed around all kinds of names from Elijah, Eli, Elliot, Issac, Tyler, Landon to Nemo (you can guess who put that name in the hat!). We have it narrowed down to two -- and I will let you all know as soon as we decide for sure! Until then, he remains BabyB.
~~~
Secondly -- my health. Well, we are hanging in there! We have had some troubling news along the way -- and all pathways point to the fact that this might in fact be our last pregnancy, but we'll see. We do know that this time around I am at a high risk for many things...much more than the last pregnancy it seems. I still go to the doctor weekly and I have ultrasounds every other week. My doctor did tell us at our visit last week that they are not going to allow us to carry the little one full term. So as of right now, we are scheduled to get our steroid shots in six weeks, and they are going to take the little one at 36weeks...which should be the week of April 19th. Hopefully, with the shots in place...he will only be small, but very healthy. Our problem is going to be if we go into preterm labor again. We are only four weeks away from what we call "D-Day" when we went into labor with Zachary. This time around, because of my health, we aren't sure what our options are going to be if we do go into preterm labor. So just pray that he hangs out until we take him...not before!
~~~
Anyway -- its alot, I know. But we are just taking it one week at a time and praising God for every Sunday that passes. Obviously the Lord wants this little one around, and so we are just putting it all in His hands to get him here safely. I will keep you all posted...and thanks in advance for your prayers.
21weeks 6days
(and finally starting to get a bump!)
22weeks 2days

2 comments:

Holly said...

Praying for you guys. April 19th is my due date so if I go on time we might be in there at the same time! YOu look great! Hang in there and don't overdo anything!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've got a lot on your minds. I appreciate your words of faith and I will continue praying for your little one. And I like all your possible names, by the way. Well, except for Nemo :)