My apologies for the lack of posts lately; it has been a very rough couple of weeks. As if the death of a good friend last week wasn't hectic enough, I've just recently taken over as secretary at our church and I am neck deep trying to learn it all! So, needless to say here is a quick update on our little friends -- with a lack of pictures I know. My camera is still zipped up in a bag with silicon gel packets to try and pull the liquid out -- we'll see!
~~~~~
These first two are from the fall pictures at preschool. The photographer shot "brother/sister" pics too, and so they invited Eli to take part as well. (Which I am very thankful for!) We are going to try to get some fall family shots done here pretty soon, so I'll update those at a later time. Ignore the scratch on Zachary's head -- he decided to fall off the bed that morning...that figures! But the photographer said that she'll crop it out on the actual prints.

These next few shots are of our family date on Labor Day. We made a picnic lunch, well...Zachary made it and we headed to the park for the afternoon. We stopped at the new Watertown Fire Station on the way down so Zachary could get a good look of the firetrucks! He was very impressed with all of them, but couldn't understand why the fire station didn't have a "pole" to slide down...I mean, what kind of firefighter are you if you don't slide down a big ole' pole?? :) Our time a the park was cut VERY short however due to Eli's unfailing screams! He wasn't too impressed with the afternoon at all! Oh well, better luck next time!
We have a VERY busy next couple of weeks coming up, so keep checking back for more updates...and hopefully more pictures too!~~~~~
Oh -- real quick, one more thing.
One of the things I absolutely adore about Zachary is his honesty! And the fact that he has no discretion yet on when these honest comments should be shared...examples below:
Zachary to me in the bathroom one morning when we were getting ready for the day...
"Mommy, wanna know what I think? I think that your make-up really does make you look prettier!!" (Insert big smile from his adorable face!)
Zachary to our preacher the other night at dinner...
"Bro. Don, I need to tell you something. Sometimes you preach WAY too long!"
Zachary in reference to someone driving a cart at walmart that is supposed to be used for handicapped people...this person was not such....
"Mommy - why is that man driving that cart? Is that an example of lazy?"
(Yes, the man heard...)
And lastly -- one of my favorites...
"Mommy, why sometimes when you wake up too early you look sick?"
Gotta love him!
1 comment:
So sorry for the loss of your friend. I have been praying for you all. Love those fall pictures of your boys.
Post a Comment