Monday, April 6

The First Day We Met


So I was going through some old pictures, found this one and thought it was worthy enough to be posted! :) Nathan and I met at Lighthouse Christian Camp in December of 1999. We had actually both heard about each other during the summer of '98. In fact, the first time someone actually tried to hook us up talked me up to Nathan as this "cute, christian girl who loved the Lord, sang and who loved children, etc." (his words, not mine) Anyway, he got Nathan excited about meeting me until Nate found out that I was only 15 at the time! (Nathan was 23!) Haha! Anyway, we kept hearing about each other over the next 18 months and finally crossed paths at this Christmas party. This picture was taken right after the new and upcoming summer staff received our LCC jackets...which was within hours of Nathan and I meeting each other for the first time! We looked perfect for each other even then, didn't we? :) We saw each other on several occasions during the following spring, started at camp in June and our first actual "date" was in July of 2000! The rest, as they say, is history! Anyway -- just one of our favorite memories that I'd thought I'd share!

No comments:

Monday, April 6

The First Day We Met


So I was going through some old pictures, found this one and thought it was worthy enough to be posted! :) Nathan and I met at Lighthouse Christian Camp in December of 1999. We had actually both heard about each other during the summer of '98. In fact, the first time someone actually tried to hook us up talked me up to Nathan as this "cute, christian girl who loved the Lord, sang and who loved children, etc." (his words, not mine) Anyway, he got Nathan excited about meeting me until Nate found out that I was only 15 at the time! (Nathan was 23!) Haha! Anyway, we kept hearing about each other over the next 18 months and finally crossed paths at this Christmas party. This picture was taken right after the new and upcoming summer staff received our LCC jackets...which was within hours of Nathan and I meeting each other for the first time! We looked perfect for each other even then, didn't we? :) We saw each other on several occasions during the following spring, started at camp in June and our first actual "date" was in July of 2000! The rest, as they say, is history! Anyway -- just one of our favorite memories that I'd thought I'd share!

No comments: