Wednesday, August 26

Horrible Pics, I know...

Okay -- so I totally FRIED my camera at the fair Friday night -- yep...note to self: Enfamil and a digital camera should NEVER be put into the same bag! Oh well...live and learn, I guess.
So anyway -- it is with MUCH hesitation that I post these pics...but here goes.
~~~
These first pics are from our trip to the Wilson County Fair. We did have a great time even if there aren't many pics to show for it! The night really did get away from us too! We got there at six and didn't leave until 11pm! I know, right? But Eli was such a champ and took it all in...he didn't cry at all and just watched all the lights and everything. It was so cute! Zachary and Nathan had a blast riding all of the rides they could. If ever a grown man can look cute on a kiddie ride at the fair -- that's my Nathan! If I can recover the pics from my camera, I'll post those at a later time -- but I have a feeling they are lost forever... :)


Obviously cell phones don't catch the "motion" very well!

And these last two pics are from Eli's 4 month check up. I know-- 4 MONTHS! CRAZY!
He got a clean bill of health...overall. He weighed 14 lbs and is 25 inches long now! Pretty good for a preemie, huh? He does have a heart murmur (as I suspected) and so we are going to follow up with a cardiologist at Vanderbilt later on. He also has pretty bad reflux and so he is now taking medicine for that...but again, that's one of those wonderful characteristics of a premature baby! Life could be a lot worse and so we are thankful for the news!

Zachary is such a WONDERFUL big brother. He said the sweetest thing the other day, and I quote:
Zachary: "Mommy, do you wanna know what I think?"
Me: "Sure - what are you thinking buddy?"
~~ insert long pause as he is really trying to think this through... ~~
Zachary: "I think that I love Eli just a little bit more than I love Petey."
Okay y'all -- if you don't know who Petey is...scroll back through all the pics of Zachary every posted. Petey is the "used to be blue" now grey dog that goes with Zachary everywhere. I mean, this dog is seriously his best friend and he has had him since the day he was born...seriously! So cute... All I could think is "Eli, son you have no idea how much you are loved!!"

No comments:

Wednesday, August 26

Horrible Pics, I know...

Okay -- so I totally FRIED my camera at the fair Friday night -- yep...note to self: Enfamil and a digital camera should NEVER be put into the same bag! Oh well...live and learn, I guess.
So anyway -- it is with MUCH hesitation that I post these pics...but here goes.
~~~
These first pics are from our trip to the Wilson County Fair. We did have a great time even if there aren't many pics to show for it! The night really did get away from us too! We got there at six and didn't leave until 11pm! I know, right? But Eli was such a champ and took it all in...he didn't cry at all and just watched all the lights and everything. It was so cute! Zachary and Nathan had a blast riding all of the rides they could. If ever a grown man can look cute on a kiddie ride at the fair -- that's my Nathan! If I can recover the pics from my camera, I'll post those at a later time -- but I have a feeling they are lost forever... :)


Obviously cell phones don't catch the "motion" very well!

And these last two pics are from Eli's 4 month check up. I know-- 4 MONTHS! CRAZY!
He got a clean bill of health...overall. He weighed 14 lbs and is 25 inches long now! Pretty good for a preemie, huh? He does have a heart murmur (as I suspected) and so we are going to follow up with a cardiologist at Vanderbilt later on. He also has pretty bad reflux and so he is now taking medicine for that...but again, that's one of those wonderful characteristics of a premature baby! Life could be a lot worse and so we are thankful for the news!

Zachary is such a WONDERFUL big brother. He said the sweetest thing the other day, and I quote:
Zachary: "Mommy, do you wanna know what I think?"
Me: "Sure - what are you thinking buddy?"
~~ insert long pause as he is really trying to think this through... ~~
Zachary: "I think that I love Eli just a little bit more than I love Petey."
Okay y'all -- if you don't know who Petey is...scroll back through all the pics of Zachary every posted. Petey is the "used to be blue" now grey dog that goes with Zachary everywhere. I mean, this dog is seriously his best friend and he has had him since the day he was born...seriously! So cute... All I could think is "Eli, son you have no idea how much you are loved!!"

No comments: