Alright...so an update. Last week, during week 28, I started having some complications again due to the medications that we are on to prevent Eli from trying to come early again. So they made some changes, etc and we hoped for the best. Well, Saturday things went down hill again and Saturday night we got admitted back to the high risk unit at Centennial. And alas, my nightmare came true as they couldn't stop the contractions and had to put us back on IV Mag...yuck! However, I must say that things went along much better than I expected and we got to come home last night. Eli looks great, as you will see in the pics below. He is already 3lbs 1oz!! We did go ahead and get both steroid shots for his lungs, so that is a HUGE relief in case he does actually grace us with his presence sometime soon. Zachary did great too...he was cautious around me at the hospital...he didn't really like all the IV lines and machines I was hooked up to - but that is typical of a four year old. He is very glad that we are home now and did have a great time at Grammie and Peepaw's for a few days. Thanks Mom and Dad! (And uncle Ben!)
~~~~~
So the plan now is to hopefully get to 32weeks. The new medicine we have started is very crucial since it is the last resort. We tried this med when we were pregnant with Zachary, but it made his kidneys quit working for a while and so we had to stop it immediately. I go back to the doctor on Thursday for another ultrasound to make sure Eli is handling this medicine ok -- and hopefully he will be! My body seems to be very reliable on this medicine as when I am approaching the hour that it is due again, I have already started to contract. The problem with this medicine is that I can only take it up to 32 weeks and then we have to stop it because of risks to the baby. So, hopefully I can stay on it until then and we will see where we end up after that point. Either way -- things are definitely stressful/crucial right now but I am still just praising God for every day that passes. It won't be too much longer before we meet our new little one...just keep praying for him until that day actually does come.
~~~~~
As for me...well, work is off limits and I am home on bedrest. Well, I like to call it "modified bedrest!" :) Anyway -- just wanted to give this update...I will post more as I know more. Until then, thanks for the prayers and remember that we love you all!
~~~~~
So the plan now is to hopefully get to 32weeks. The new medicine we have started is very crucial since it is the last resort. We tried this med when we were pregnant with Zachary, but it made his kidneys quit working for a while and so we had to stop it immediately. I go back to the doctor on Thursday for another ultrasound to make sure Eli is handling this medicine ok -- and hopefully he will be! My body seems to be very reliable on this medicine as when I am approaching the hour that it is due again, I have already started to contract. The problem with this medicine is that I can only take it up to 32 weeks and then we have to stop it because of risks to the baby. So, hopefully I can stay on it until then and we will see where we end up after that point. Either way -- things are definitely stressful/crucial right now but I am still just praising God for every day that passes. It won't be too much longer before we meet our new little one...just keep praying for him until that day actually does come.
~~~~~
As for me...well, work is off limits and I am home on bedrest. Well, I like to call it "modified bedrest!" :) Anyway -- just wanted to give this update...I will post more as I know more. Until then, thanks for the prayers and remember that we love you all!
~~~~~
Here is our little one...looking straight at the ultrasound machine.








No comments:
Post a Comment