Sunday, March 15

Working on the Nursery

So I've decided on a new nursery theme...imagine that! I really am loving this whole "blue/brown" theme going on right now. Actually, the inspiration came from one of Eli's new blue and brown striped outfits! So -- when I pitched the idea to Nate, he loved it!! Saturday, the 14th, was supposed to be Zachary's birthday party, but we had to post-pone it a week due to the weather...so instead, we PAINTED! And we love it! Eli's room is actually started to get me really excited...I guess because it is really making it all seem very real and close! While I didn't get to help as much as I wanted to due to "bedrest" orders, it was fun watching Zachary get so excited about him painting Eli's room. In his words, "Eli can never pick on me when he gets born because I will just say, Eli - Hush! I painted your room!" Haha!! I love me some Zachary!
~~~~~
Okay, seriously this outfit was put together by my four year old when I told him that he could paint if he put on old clothes...and boy did he pick out a keeper!






Putting the tape on the wall was the hardest part -- and the most boring!

Once we got the brown on the walls -- we both got a little nervous about how it was gonna turn out...

Zachary and I worked on Eli's letters for his room while Nathan finished the trip.
And despite our worries, the stripes and the room turned out great!
Ignore the shelve decorations...I was just sticking some stuff up there...

And here is the fabric for his bedding...my mom is making it and I can't wait to see how it all turns out! I'll post the finished project when it all comes together!

No comments:

Sunday, March 15

Working on the Nursery

So I've decided on a new nursery theme...imagine that! I really am loving this whole "blue/brown" theme going on right now. Actually, the inspiration came from one of Eli's new blue and brown striped outfits! So -- when I pitched the idea to Nate, he loved it!! Saturday, the 14th, was supposed to be Zachary's birthday party, but we had to post-pone it a week due to the weather...so instead, we PAINTED! And we love it! Eli's room is actually started to get me really excited...I guess because it is really making it all seem very real and close! While I didn't get to help as much as I wanted to due to "bedrest" orders, it was fun watching Zachary get so excited about him painting Eli's room. In his words, "Eli can never pick on me when he gets born because I will just say, Eli - Hush! I painted your room!" Haha!! I love me some Zachary!
~~~~~
Okay, seriously this outfit was put together by my four year old when I told him that he could paint if he put on old clothes...and boy did he pick out a keeper!






Putting the tape on the wall was the hardest part -- and the most boring!

Once we got the brown on the walls -- we both got a little nervous about how it was gonna turn out...

Zachary and I worked on Eli's letters for his room while Nathan finished the trip.
And despite our worries, the stripes and the room turned out great!
Ignore the shelve decorations...I was just sticking some stuff up there...

And here is the fabric for his bedding...my mom is making it and I can't wait to see how it all turns out! I'll post the finished project when it all comes together!

No comments: