Tuesday, February 10

26 Week Update & Scare

Alright, so Sunday we met our 26 week mark...which as I have said in the past was a huge marker for us since Zachary first tried to come during this week. Well, Eli is following right in his big brother's footsteps already!! I went to work Sunday morning at 0630 and by 1030 was in the labor & delivery unit at Vanderbilt! Yep, contractions at 2-3 minutes apart and already 1cm! Long story short, we stayed at Vanderbilt until about 7:30pm when we were discharged and headed to Centennial Women's Hospital (to be under the care of our high risk team) where we were immediately admitted back to the high risk unit. Thank God this time the contractions stopped almost completely by 2:30am and our ultrasound later that morning confirmed that no more changes had been made...so we got to come home!!! Praise the Lord. All I could think about was having to spend weeks in the hospital again, but this time, not getting to see Zachary but maybe once a week...that was killing me! But Nathan's presence kept me calm; I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful and husband who at no time complains of any of this craziness, but rather just keeps pushing me to keep my head up. He is there to wipe the tears away, to hold my hand, to rub my back when the pain gets bad, to make jokes when things get scary, to keep the ice chips coming, etc. :) He is so wonderful! Anyway -- we are home now and just taking everything easy. I'm on some more medicine at home to take when the contractions get regular, so hopefully there will be no more emergency trips to make...hopefully! :) On the bright side, we got another pic of Eli...look close in this one, you can see his face, his chubby cheeks and it looks like he is smiling too!

No comments:

Tuesday, February 10

26 Week Update & Scare

Alright, so Sunday we met our 26 week mark...which as I have said in the past was a huge marker for us since Zachary first tried to come during this week. Well, Eli is following right in his big brother's footsteps already!! I went to work Sunday morning at 0630 and by 1030 was in the labor & delivery unit at Vanderbilt! Yep, contractions at 2-3 minutes apart and already 1cm! Long story short, we stayed at Vanderbilt until about 7:30pm when we were discharged and headed to Centennial Women's Hospital (to be under the care of our high risk team) where we were immediately admitted back to the high risk unit. Thank God this time the contractions stopped almost completely by 2:30am and our ultrasound later that morning confirmed that no more changes had been made...so we got to come home!!! Praise the Lord. All I could think about was having to spend weeks in the hospital again, but this time, not getting to see Zachary but maybe once a week...that was killing me! But Nathan's presence kept me calm; I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful and husband who at no time complains of any of this craziness, but rather just keeps pushing me to keep my head up. He is there to wipe the tears away, to hold my hand, to rub my back when the pain gets bad, to make jokes when things get scary, to keep the ice chips coming, etc. :) He is so wonderful! Anyway -- we are home now and just taking everything easy. I'm on some more medicine at home to take when the contractions get regular, so hopefully there will be no more emergency trips to make...hopefully! :) On the bright side, we got another pic of Eli...look close in this one, you can see his face, his chubby cheeks and it looks like he is smiling too!

No comments: