Saturday, November 22

Getting Ready For Christmas

Thanksgiving is almost here and Christmas is right around the corner! There is no doubt that this time of year is my favorite. I broke tradition this year though -- usually we wait until the weekend of Thanksgiving to put up Christmas decorations, the tree, etc...but I have been so anxious for this season to come, that we started putting it up on Monday...and made our first batch of Christmas sugar cookies! Then Tuesday, since Nathan took a day off work, we decided to put together our annual gingerbread house. Now if you read the post from last year, you would remember that it fell apart as soon as we picked it up! So in anticipation of that scenario replaying itself, we really "gooped" on the icing this time around. It did start to come apart when I went to move it to the kitchen counter -- but we caught it in time and so it is still standing strong! Zachary did better this year with patience and decorating techniques - the only problem this time was that he wanted so bad to eat the gingerbread pieces because "they smelled so good!" What can I say? He is a Barnes!
~~~~~
Here is what is left of the cookies...
Zachary did the icing for the "happy face" one!



Two pics from Zachary...thus the perfect frame job!





Putting on the grass...
Here it is!!




And you can't experience a family tradition without Petey!


No comments:

Saturday, November 22

Getting Ready For Christmas

Thanksgiving is almost here and Christmas is right around the corner! There is no doubt that this time of year is my favorite. I broke tradition this year though -- usually we wait until the weekend of Thanksgiving to put up Christmas decorations, the tree, etc...but I have been so anxious for this season to come, that we started putting it up on Monday...and made our first batch of Christmas sugar cookies! Then Tuesday, since Nathan took a day off work, we decided to put together our annual gingerbread house. Now if you read the post from last year, you would remember that it fell apart as soon as we picked it up! So in anticipation of that scenario replaying itself, we really "gooped" on the icing this time around. It did start to come apart when I went to move it to the kitchen counter -- but we caught it in time and so it is still standing strong! Zachary did better this year with patience and decorating techniques - the only problem this time was that he wanted so bad to eat the gingerbread pieces because "they smelled so good!" What can I say? He is a Barnes!
~~~~~
Here is what is left of the cookies...
Zachary did the icing for the "happy face" one!



Two pics from Zachary...thus the perfect frame job!





Putting on the grass...
Here it is!!




And you can't experience a family tradition without Petey!


No comments: