Ok - It's catch up time! On Oct 18th, we went on a family date to Oktoberfest in Lebanon...its a big fall function that Wilson Bank & Trust hosts every year. The most fun was had at the little kids' area -- last year Zachary was too scared to slide down the big inflatable slides, but this year he was a pro! Even though one actually started to deflate with about 10 children inside -- talk about scaring the parents! All the kids got out and no one was hurt, thankfully! As for me and the baby bump...I tried to eat at various booths but just the smells of some of it made me sick -- alas, I settled for a piece of roasted corn! Its funny how this pregnancy has been so much different than with Zachary. We went from absolutely no morning sickness to 24/7 sickness which is being treated with antiemetic meds and several IV boluses! Hopefully it all ends soon - at least that is what every one keeps telling me! Anyway...
Back to the festivities -- the day was supposed to go on and lead us to a pumpkin patch, pumpkin paintin' time and a wedding that evening - but when Zachary spiked a fever of 103 within ten minutes of leaving the festival, all plans were redirected to a trip to Wal-mart for Tylenol and then off to home for some much needed rest! We did make it to the pumpkin patch though - that's when we discovered the fever... He made it through fine though! :) Here are some pics...enjoy!
We first visited a military/service area so that Nathan could look at the helicopter...after about an hour I had to remind him that we were there for Zachary. :) Just kidding - he did have fun looking at the aircrafts and it was cute to see his eyes light up like a little boy! Zachary loved the firetruck the most -- imagine that!
These next two pics are from the boys waiting in line so that Zachary could race another kid in a obstacle course -- I wonder who's idea that was! I haven't seen Nathan get that excited and pumped up since UT beat Florida to go the SEC championship in 2001! (We went to that Championship game by the way -- still a little sour about LSU's win!)
1 comment:
What a fun day! I remember feeling SO sick with Kameron whenever I smelled food! With Kassidy, as long as I kept eating, constantly, I was ok! LOL
Hey if you guys ever want to come out to Fort Campbell for a tour, let me know. We'll have to wait until Frank is home because he can get you all back to the helicopters and tell you all about them. Then we could do lunch or something! It would be fun! :)
Post a Comment